Congrats! You’ve decided to visit one of my favorite cities! Now, where to stay? You can spend hours looking through Hotels.com, Airbnb, or Travelocity to find the perfect hotel. You know your budget, but OMG there are too many options. What to do!?!
You don’t need to set up your accommodation before your arrival – there are so many options out there that any website you visit won’t even come close to covering them all. But, if you are like me, you like to arrive in a new place and not have to think about you’re next move for at least 48 hours. So the big question is what part of town do you want to be in.
What sort of lifestyle do you want to live around in Chiang Mai? For convenience sake, I’ve highlighted a few areas of town to help narrow your search. Now. this is by no means all inclusive. There are 5 star hotels outside of the highlighted area just like there are backpacker hostels all over town. You get the idea.
- Shopping/Market – Highlighted in Turquoise
- Saturday Night Market
- Sunday Walking Street
- Night Bazaar
- Resort Life – Green
- Anantara Chiang Mai Resort (AMAZING, at least go for tea)
- RatiLanna Riverside Spa Resort
- Backpacker – Yellow
- The highest concentration of bike rentals, hostels, and farangs
- When you just need a pizza
- Fastest way to make new friends
- Nightlife – Pink
- Welcome to Nimmanahaeminda (aka. Nimman)
- Personal choice on where to stay – short and long term
- Close to work areas, coffee, live music, university, hospital
That should get you started picking a place!